1124 6th Avenue S.
For sale: Licensed School of Homeopathy in Seattle WA
The Seattle School of Homeopathy is WA state's first and only state-licensed career school of homeopathy (licensed under WA Chapter 28C.10). Since 2007, SSH has successfully carried forth its mission to provide comprehensive education for homeopaths, preparing students for national homeopathic boards through the Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC) or Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians (HANP). Some of SSH's graduates have gone on to become board certified homeopathic practitioners.
The program has been on hiatus since 2013, as a new, qualified owner/director is sought. Interested parties will, ideally, hold an ND degree and/or homeopathic credential, as well as have an educational and/or administrative background. The new owner would need to provide qualified instructors (or be that instructor); rent classroom space (Bastyr U and University House both have proved excellent sites in the Seattle area in the past); resume free advertising on the web; and contact potential students-- despite absence of current advertising, inquiries continue to come in regularly from potential students, and names/contact information compiled.
The Seattle region is the ideal location for a homeopathy school. Seattle has been a North American epicenter of homeopathic education since the International Foundation of Homeopathy was founded here in the 90s; the IFH's closure in 1999 left a vacuum. Although Bastyr University provides 90-150 hours of homeopathy-focused education to ND students only, ND's seeking to specialize in homeopathy require extensive further training in order to pursue board certification . There is currently no "brick and mortar" school focused on homeopathic education between Canada and the SF Bay area.
- 1. over 400 hrs of outstanding curricula --including complete Powerpoint presentations, study guides, activity handouts, bibliographies, quizzes, final exams and independent study modules.
- 2. templates for all documents and forms essential to running a school and meeting state requirements, including 34 page student handbook.
- 3. equipment for running all classes and teaching clinic: LCD projector; video camera with tripod and cables, high quality audio recorder; homeopathic computer programs; and 50 cup coffee maker.
- 4. complete website and URL, which can be easily modified to meet evolving needs; site comes up high in searches on the words "Homeopathy-Education-Seattle;" hosting is paid through 2015. (visit it at www.seattleschoolofhomeopathy.com).
- 5. artist-designed logo and brand, and advertising templates.
- 6. over $2800 equity in required state educational fund (the TRF-- "Tuition Recovery Fund").
- 7. optional eight hours of advisement with current owner/ director, who is a master's level educator and licensed homeopath
- 8. Sale also includes many "intangible" assets, including: excellent reputation in the larger homeopathic community; a h/o very good working relationships with Bastyr University , the University House, and all other vendors; and excellent working relationships with several experienced and qualified homeopathic teachers, and the North American Network of Homeopathic Educators.
Overview of the Curriculum:
- SSH's 150-175 hour "Foundation Year" Program provides an excellent basis in the tenets of classical homeopathy, and gives an overview of progressive current trends in homeopathy; (enrollment in this program was 18 students in its start-up year, and 12 in its second sequence).
- The "Acute Care " program (39-50 hours) has always been well-received by the larger community, with 32 students attending in 2009 at tuition of $650 apiece and 15 attending in 2011.
- " Medical Pathophysiology" program (75 hours) has provided ample preparation for the medical science portion of the CHC exam.
- Student Training Clinic has served an important need of providing low-cost homeopathic care to the larger community, while giving advanced students the opportunity to take, write up , and assess cases under the close supervision of licensed master homeopaths. There is currently a drastic shortage of live clinical training for homeopathic students in the US.
- The curriculum of the intermediate "Materia Medica Year" (150 hours) can serve as an outstanding template for a future instructors.
- Over twenty-five well-designed "Independent Modules" provide distance-learning options for motivated students.
Contact: Lucy Vaughters , PA-C, CCH, MA-T phone 425-672-4485